Tuesday, November 9, 2010

TRAIL MAIL:

PISTOL PETE MAKES IT HOME!

Hi there guys: Firstly I would like thank the Wolfman, Russ and, of course, Clubby for the fantasic Snowy Adventure ride last weekend. I would also like to give very big thanks to all those great bikers in the group who helped me get the mighty Tenere back on the track after her little off-course adventure through the the first creek (river) crossing. As the bike went for a swim, with myself not far behind, my thoughts were that Russ had told us to wear knobby tyres ... but he didn't mention anything about wetsuits, flippers and snorkels! It was then reality hit, as I thought, how in hell is this bike going to get me back home to Hervey Bay in Queensland?! Then without any hesitation, the team pulled together (with the ever useful trackside advice from Clubby) and in short order the mighty Tenere was alive again. Great job, guys, and yes, I did get back home. Once again, thanks for a great ride with a great bunch of blokes -- it was simply awesome.
-- Peter McWilliams, via www.trailzone.com.au

Thanks for the update, Pete, and we sure are glad you made it home intact. From the moment I turned around at the Shoalhaven River crossing on Friday morning and saw you pushing your drowned Tenere out of the river, I thought, 'Hmm, this might not be good ...' And when you and the boys up-ended your bike and all that water flowed out of your mufflers, not to mention the buckets of water that came out of the air box, I had to wonder if we had the first casualty of the day and first bike on the trailer? But no, the mighty Tenner fired right back up and even though the engine oil might have been a little milky, it did get you all the way to Jindabyne, where an oil change would have helped no end. Judging by your photo, you and Dave obviously got up to Charlotte’s Pass on Saturday, and then we're rapt to hear you made it home safe and sound to Hervey Bay in the following days. Well done, mate, and thanks for making the long haul to join us on the Snowy Ride South. See you next year?
-- Clubby, www.trailzone.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment