Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TRAIL MAIL:

A JUST SUPER SUPER TENERE

Hi there guys: As you can see this is a pretty schmick Super Tenere. Apparently it was found on its side in a shed with the tyres flat and in a fairly poor condition. The owner, Gavin, did the restoration and is a motorbike mechanic in the Coffs Harbour area -- he's a mate of Tom Foster at TBAM. Gavin may be a good contact when you restore your Super Tenere. This photo was taken at Ebor Falls on the way to Narrabri across country. Feel free to contact me if you are coming to the NSW South Coast as we have a group that rides regularly, both short and long rides.
-- Steve Guthrey, via www.trailzone.com.au

Thanks for the offer, Steve, as I'll need all the help I can get with my S10 as it begins its rehab program over the next 12 months. It actually goes in for corrective surgery this weekend, where chief surgeon Clive Ward from www.motorcyclebiz.com.au will get the beast roadworthy, assisted by myself on the tools. We don't expect any long-term side effects other than skin off my knuckles. Gavin's Tenere looks good and I'd be keen to have a closer look at it. You blokes should all try and make it to the Hunter Valley Adventure Rally on March 20/21 this year. It should be an awesome event and I may have the Super Tenere there, contrary to the rumours Clubby is currently spreading. We're working out our calendar for this year and I'd be keen to come along for a ride on the South Coast in the near future, so please let me know well in advance of any rides. Also keep an eye on www.offroadexplorer.com for a new web site I'll be launching soon.
-- Lance Turnley, www.offroadexplorer.com for TRAIL ZONE Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment